Total Center Sq. Ft.
Total Trade Area
Total Center Sq. Ft.
Total Trade Area Sq. Ft.
Property & Trade Area Facts
Belk, Dillard's, and JCPenney
Trade Area Facts
- Hattiesburg is known as the "Hub City" located within 100 miles of the state capital of Jackson, the MS Gulf Coast, New Orleans, Louisiana, and Mobile, Alabama. The city's convenient distance to regional cities has allowed Greater Hattiesburg to grow into a major retail, healthcare, education and manufacturing hub for South Mississippi.
- The University of Southern Mississippi has enrollment of 13,115 and is ranked in the top 5% of business programs globally.
- Additional colleges within the trade area include William Carey University (enrollment of 3,544), Jones County Junior College (enrollment of 4,592) and Pearl River Community College (enrollment of 4,755) with combined enrollment of over 12,800 students.
- Camp Shelby, located just south of Hattiesburg encompasses 136,000 acres, is the largest owned and operated National Guard field training facility in the United States, hosting as many as 60,000 personnel annually and 2,200 employees.
- Greater Hattiesburg is known as a medical hub, servicing a broad region of 19 counties. In total, Greater Hattiesburg has a robust healthcare sector with two major hospitals encompassing over 720 hospital beds. Hattiesburg is also home to the largest multi-specialty clinic in the state of Mississippi. Healthcare comprises 15% of the regional economy with more than 9,100 direct employees generating an annual payroll of approximately $500 million.
- In 2019, Hattiesburg was ranked as a top city in Mississippi to live. With its strong economy, rising population, top-rated K-12 schools, two universities, world-class healthcare, and a diverse blend of culture and commerce, Hattiesburg has become a premier destination in the Gulf South.
- Hattiesburg continues to lead the state in job growth with more than 5,700 jobs created in the last five years, more than $3.3 billion annually in retail sales and a 26% increase in home sales between 2014 and 2018.