Inclusion & Belonging
CBL has long valued an inclusive and welcoming environment for our team members and the communities we serve. We are committed to a workplace free from discrimination and harassment, and we value the diverse perspectives, backgrounds, and experiences that we derive from our team, our retailers, and our customers.
In 2021, we launched CBL Community and partnered with Hinton & Company to serve as our chief inclusion partner and to broaden our inclusion efforts. Hinton & Company has completed an organizational assessment, including an inaugural inclusion survey netting an 85% response rate that generated positive reflections on the organization and areas for improvement. This information will help inform the formation of our overall strategic roadmap for 2022 and beyond.
Commitment to Diversity, Equity, Inclusion & Belonging
The goal of CBL Community is to advance inclusion by:
- Offering development opportunities for CBL employees to learn how to be consciously inclusive.
- Identifying strategic partnerships that can help diversify the talent pipeline in commercial real estate.
- Partnering with like-minded organizations seeking to make an impact through inclusion.
- Enhancing representation of historically underrepresented groups on our marketing efforts and our supply chain.
- Sign the Pledge for CEO Action for Diversity & Inclusion™
- Implement a DEI strategy and roadmap with the help of our inclusion partner, Hinton & Company
- Implement unconscious bias training
As CBL's Chief Inclusion Partner, it has been amazing to see CBL taking steps to create an inclusive experience for all and to witness team members at every level of the organization helping build a culture where individuals can be their best selves. CBL recognizes that to create a future we all want to be a part of, we must do the necessary work to make CBL and its properties even more inclusive and welcoming places for all.
At CBL, we recognize and embrace the critical impacts of unlocking the potential within a diverse team by achieving a true sense of inclusion and belonging. Together, we mindfully and intentionally pursue this never-ending quest as we perpetuate a good work environment where we strive to ensure that all team members feel respected, accepted, supported, valued, and appreciated. The outcomes we enjoy as a result serve us well as drivers of engagement, innovation, collaboration, retention, and productivity.